Even though I am in the midst of redesigning my blog I still need to get out some helpful tips to you today.
The holiday madness is in full swing and if you aren’t careful you could really slip up this time of year.
I thought I would share with you the strategies I use with my clients for the holidays.
- Stay dedicated to your workout routine! – With the hustle and bustle, last minute shopping, and other obligations it is very easy to skip the gym this week. DON’T DO IT! Get in there and get it done. Make it a priority and set aside time to workout. We all need to burn a few extra calories this week so don’t make it worse by skipping the gym.
- Use Full Body Workouts – Get more bang for your buck and use Full Body workouts this week. Train the big muscles first and work your way down to the smaller ones.
- Use circuit training to maximize your effort – I train my clients using “circuits” of exercise. This keeps the heart rate up and keeps you burning far more calories than a traditional slow pace workout.
- Stay on your nutrition plan – stick as closely as possible to the nutrition plan that you follow everyday. Eat frequently and keep your protein/carb/fat ratios in check. DON’T SKIP MEALS!
- Eat just before attending your holiday events – Just before you attend any holiday event where there will be tempting foods make sure you eat (or drink a protein shake) just before the event. This will keep you full and reduce your hunger level. DON”T GO TO A HOLIDAY PARTY HUNGRY!
- Reduce your carb intake for a few days prior to the holidays – We use this strategy to reduce to damage from the extra calories that WE ALL tend to consume during this week. I tell my clients to reduce CARB calories for a few days prior to the holidays. This way any CARBS (usually cookies, cakes, etc. this week :0) will in essence just replace the calories we have taken out. I understand the calories are not the same quality (simple vs. complex) but it does help!DON’T OVERDUE YOUR CARBS ALL WEEK LONG!
- Reduce your carb intake AFTER your events as well – directly after the holidays I also recommend that my clients keep their CARB calories low for a few days. This helps level them back out and gives them some sort of structure to follow.
- Don’t keep leftovers around the house – Get rid of the leftovers! Don’t keep the leftover cookies, cakes, and holiday treats in the house once you are done. It is way too tempting!
- Get back on your eating plan after the holidays – Once your holiday events are over get right back on your plan. Most people turn the holidays into an all out over eating fest! Make it a point to get right back on your diet after the holiday madness is done!
Enjoy your holidays but don’t let it turn into something you regret next week. The New Year is right around the corner so start off with a good plan and hit the ground running!
Do you any holiday eating tips that have helped you out in the past?
Boca Raton Personal Training
I train my clients from Boca at The Gym of Boca Raton – http://www.thegymofbocaraton.com/
It is a great gym and we have a great team of Personal Trainer there.
If you are looking for one on one or small group TRX training please contact me and come in for your FREE consultation to give it a try!
All of my Personal Training Programs are designed with the female client in mind.
I have learned in my over 10 years of being a Personal Trainer that women need to exercise and diet a lot different than the way men train.
Women usually have much different goals then men do so designing an exercise and diet program based on YOUR specific goals is exactly what I do.
Although the specifics of your Personal Training program will address your personal goals there are three “basic guidelines” that each and every successful client of mine follow.
- Your Nutrition – First and most important is the nutrition plan that you follow is THE key to success to reach just about any fitness related goal you have from weight loss to “toning and firming” or to just “be and feel healthy”.
- Your Exercise program – How you train is also very important factor in reaching your fitness goals. Women do not usually can about getting bigger and stronger so most women either AVOID weight training or do NOT weight train the right way. By combining a great nutrition plan and PROPER weight training you are able to change your body and get the slim, sexy physique you have always wanted!
- Cardio Exercise – Most people, especially women, do not do CARDIO the right way. They either do way too much or they do it at such a low level that it is NOT effective. You do NOT have to do hours and hours of cardio to get the results you are looking for! As part of your program I will tell you EXACTLY how, when and how much cardio you should be doing for the best results.
Once we identify YOUR SPECIFIC GOALS I will design your entire program for you!
Your nutrition, exercise program (with weights and TRX), and Cardio program will all be laid out for you in an easy to follow format.
Take the guesswork out of getting results and let me show you exactly how to reach your goals.
You can call me anytime at 954-465-1170 or contact me HERE by filling out this form.
How you eat is THE key to reaching your fitness goals.
I personally design each and every one of my clients nutrition plans based on the specific goals they want to accomplish.
Each plan based is structured around a core list of good proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats to kick your metabolism into high gear!
Most importantly the foods on the list are actually foods that YOU choose and that YOU LIKE TO EAT!
Take the guesswork out of the MOST IMPORTANT part of reaching your fitness goals.
Let me show you exactly WHAT and HOW to eat to reach your goals NOW!
If any are interested in learning more about my Personalized Nutrition Programs you can call me at 954-465-1170 or contact me HERE by filling out the form.